Selected writing, talks, and interviews.
- Now Play This 2018 programme. Collection of essays and games (editor).
- Kickstarting Art Deck. Monthly series for Tabletop Gamer, covering the process of bringing Art Deck to Kickstarter.
- Playing Out. Site Sessions, Site Gallery, Sheffield.
- Fun and Gaming: Digital games can allow us to inhabit London in a new way. The London Essays.
- Games in Museums. Digital Tech, Young People & Heritage conference, Ulster Museum.
- A City is Not a Playground. City Now City Future, Museum of London.
- Games in Public Spaces. Museum Tech 2017, the Museum of London.
- Encouraging Player Creativity. GDC.
- A Day in the Life of a Game Designer / The Guardian
- Redesigning The Same Games / Practice, NYU, New York
- Interaction and Playfulness / Active by Design Summit, Design Council
- Looking at Games / Prototype, Dublin
- From Parlour to Pavement: a History of Public Play in England / Imperica
- How we got Glasgow playing in the streets again / Design Council blog
- Fantasy, Reality and Morality / Royal Court Theatre
- Testing Things Properly / Bees in a Tin
- Games in Cities / FutureEverything
- Experience versus Game / w00t
- The Object of the Game / Evoking Emotion, Loughborough University
- Strange Games in History, at Bit of Alright (15 minutes / 2013)
- Lobby Ludd, at Improving Reality in Brighton, about a deeply peculiar game from the 1920s (5 minutes / 2013)
- Words as Performance, at a series of It's Nice That talks, on using words as well as rules to encourage the sort of gameplay you want (25 minutes / 2012)
- Games in Gaps, for Arc Magazine 1.2